With cookies, a website owner can constantly improve navigation, making it the visit and to ensure that:
- Can customize various settings
- Can obtain valuable information on how its website is used by visitors, so that their experiences can provide increasingly better in navigation
- Can use multimedia and other applications on other websites on its website;
Visiting this website may place cookies purposes:
- Performance of the site: this site holds user preferences so that there is no need for setting them at each visit the website
- Analysis of visitors: allows monitoring of unique users who visit the website and how often return utlizatorii website
- Geotargetting: determines what country visitors are coming from; is completely anonymous and is only used to target content.
Advertising: allows the holder to find out whether or not a visitor has viewed an ad online, what type and how long it's been since he saw the advert
What is a cookie?
The cookie is an alphanumeric file, small, which will be stored on your computer or other mobile devices a user equipment from which you access the Internet.
The cookie is installed by the webserver's request of a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome) and is harmless (does not contain software viruses or spyware and can not access the information on the user's hard drive).
Only webserver that sent the cookie can access again when the user returns to the website associated webserver respectively.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used.
What type of information is stored and accessed via cookies?
Cookies keep information in a small text file that allows a website to recognize a browser. The web browser will recognize until the cookie expires or is deleted.
The cookie stores important information that improves Internet browsing (language setting you wish to access a site, online banking security, etc.)
Why are important for Internet cookies?
Cookies assist the efficient functioning of the Internet and result browsing friendly and personalized to each user.
Refusal or disabling cookies may make some websites difficult or impossible to use.
Among other uses of cookies, are:
- Content according to visitor preferences by category (news, sports, services, offers, etc.)
- Adapter Settings visitor (retaining passwords, language preferences)
- Retention of child protection filters on Internet content
Security and Privacy
Cookies are not viruses! However, cookies can be used for negative purposes, as a form of spyware. Many anti-spyware marks but cookies to be deleted in removal proceedings / scan anti-virus / anti-spyware.
In general, browsers have privacy settings that provide different levels of acceptance of cookies, the validity and erased automatically after the user has visited a website.
How can they be stopped cookies?
It is possible to set your browser so that cookies will not be accepted or the browser can be set so as to accept cookies from a particular site.
All modern browsers allow you to change the setting of cookies. Access the "Help" option of your browser for more details.